When I say 'candid' ...

you probably think 'unposed or spontaneous' in relation to photography.
I'd also like you to think 'honest and sincere'.
My photos are not always unposed, but they are always a 'sincere and honest' expression, that I love to share and occasionally show off. ; )

Friday, September 24, 2010

Fix-It Friday #72

It's Fix-it Friday at iheartfaces
Here's the original by Julie Rivera:

Her husband & daughter before a recent deployment.

Photos like these can always bring a tear to my eye and a knot in my stomach.  My husband retired from the US Coast Guard in 2006 -- and while our daughters and I hugged him long and hard when he had to deploy for schools, chemical spills, runaway bouys, hurricane disasters or routine duty, he never had to leave us going to fight a war.  I can't even begin to imagine the depth of that emotion, but I very clearly know the joy of his every return.

Thanx to Julie for supporting that service member that fights for all that America represents!

Here's my "fix":


I gave a little more blur to the background, made her shirt a bit more pink, and adjusted a few levels, as well as cropping and adding a border.
There are lots more fixes @

17 comments:

  1. Hey! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love your closer crop and the warmth you added to your image. Nice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the square crop and the frame. And you did a nice job with the color in her shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So precious. I love how you brought out the babies cute little pink shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! I love it! Great edit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the square crop you chose! And blurring the background certainly brought focus to the main subject. Great edit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely edit ~ and I like the square crop too :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute! I love the pop of the pink and the crop. And, as a military wife, I have a soft spot for the inspirational quote. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's all been said already so I'll just add, "well done."

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nicely done! I love it! I love the crop -- it's absolutely perfect. The coloring is perfect and I especially like how you pulled out the details of her little shirt. Very creative border and love the sentimental words! Awesome job!

    Thank you for stopping by my blog today!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for stopping by my blog today and leaving a comment!! :) Your edit is great!! I really love how the you brought out the colors in the little girl! You really brought the pair to the forefront right where they needed to be! Nice job!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the bordered frame and love how you lightened it up! You also have a cute blog! :)

    ReplyDelete